Jim and I had a great time in Fiji even though we missed the first Open cut by only 6 boats. We were 55 out of about 104 Open contenders after 4 races, and ultimately the top 49 went on the the Semi's. Crap! We were sceduled to race on the 3rd day, but all races were called due to unpredictable winds which had flipped a few boats on the beach in the late morning. About one minute after calling it, 4 consecutive hours of perfect conditions followed (about 15kts) and knowing the current overall standing would stick made me feel like barfing all over the race comittee. In hindsight it was a terrible decision of them to do this, as the wind died the next day delaying the start of the Semis. When there's wind, send them out man...especially if they traveled thousands of miles for the challenge!